Sunday 22 January 2012

My Cardiff and Surrounds Places to Visit list

Adding to my dining wishlist, I also have a list of places that I’d like to visit in Cardiff and around and abouts. It won’t be my final list – I like making lists, it helps me feel more organised and also gets me out and about.
St Fagans
So this list is for places to visit the majority of which of historical or cultural sights. Though I think I’ll need to kidnap some kids to visit Techniquest. 

I have visited some already, but I wanted to show my complete list.
Castle Coch

  • Cardiff Castle
  • Cardiff Market 
  • St Fagans: National History Museum
  • Cardiff Museum
  • Cosmeston Lakes
  • Techniquest
  • Sully Island
  • Llandaff Cathedral
  • Castle Coch - or the Fairytale Castle as it's known in my family
  • Tinkinswood Burial Chamber
  • St Lythan’s Burial Chamber
  • Caerphilly Castle
  • Old Beaupre Castle
  • St Quentin’s Castle, Llanblethian
  • Flat Holm
  • Steep Holm - when I was at junior school there was an annual trip on the paddle steamer, Waverley to Steep Holm, I only made it to the island once though. The first time the weather was too rough to dock, so we docked at Barry Island instead and went for a swim in the sea there, in our vests and knickers!

As ever, if you have any suggestions, I'd love it if you let me know.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE St Fagans and Techniquest. Don't worry about taking kids, they'll just slow you down! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just thought taking kids to Techniquest would make me look less dodgy, but if you say I don't need them, that's great and a lot easier!

    ReplyDelete