Thursday 26 January 2012

My Cardiff and Surrounds Experiences list

And my final list for now – this one is for experiences. Things to do in and around Cardiff, some may not be possible, it seems the Cardiff Barrage Skyflyer may not go ahead (boo) and spending a night in St David’s Spa could be beyond my budget and after eating a meal there I’m not sure I want to!

Again, I’ve done some already, but I wanted to show my complete list.

  • Watch Cardiff City play
  • Cycle along the Taff Trail to Castle Coch
  • Cardiff Bay Barrage
  • Walk across the Cardiff Bay Barrage - in fact I've done the full circle, all around the bay, barrage, Penarth marina and back via Grangetown, a great stroll in the sunshine.
  • See a live band in Clwb Ifor Bach
  • Fly in the Skyflyer
  • Watch a cricket match in the SWALEC Stadium
  • Take a speed boat tour of Cardiff Bay
  • Open Top Bus Tour
  • Picnic in Roath Park and row a boat
  • Tour Brains Brewery and have a pint of Dark
  • Have a night out with Cardiff Celeb royalty (?!)
  • Go to Barry Island Fair, eat fish and chips in a deck chair
  • See the Welsh National Opera
  • Take the Llandaff Ghost Walk
  • Spend a night in St David’s Spa
  • Take part in a trapeze class with No Fit State Circus
  • Watch something in Chapter
  • See Wales play rugby at the Millenium Stadium - It was March 10th for the 6 Nations and Wales beat Italy, brilliant atmosphere, game and result!
  • Eat fish and chips post 2am from Chippy Alley (Caroline Street)
  • Take the Waverley or Balmoral from Penarth Pier
Plus visit every one of the listed pieces of Cardiff Public Art (as listed in the Cardiff Public Art Register 2011) – all 208 of them and photograph them all. I'm now on 113, so over half way, though some appear to no longer be there and I've found lots of others not listed.

As ever, if you have any more suggestions, please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Watch Cardiff City play? I would have given you credit for more taste than that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, never been to a football match and they're the team here, no? It's all about the atmosphere, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete