Friday 24 June 2011

Sponsored Zip Line from Newport Transporter Bridge for Multiple Sclerosis

It all started with reading a Tweet saying:

Who'd like to ride a zip line off the Newport transporter bridge? It'll knock your socks off. 10 July. Reply ASAP :)
It then spiralled into getting an email with some info that night and the following morning registering for the event. I’d said yes even before I knew all the details, but it can’t be as bad as previous zip lines I’d done. In fact the last one I did, we watched it break as some friends were using it. They were fine and definitely not as professional as the set up for this zip line.

Anyway, I’m now officially doing it on Sunday 10th July!
I love the power of Twitter!

The Newport Transporter Bridge offers one of the largest temporary zip slides in the UK. Participants will launch themselves from a point 50m high on the bridge, before zipping 320m into Coronation Park.

The MS Society relies on voluntary income to provide vital services to those affected by multiple sclerosis. Both nationally and locally, through our branch network, the MS Society is constantly striving to improve the lives of people with MS and their friends and family.

To sponsor me, please visit my sponsorship page http://beatms.mssociety.org.uk/netcommunity/cait  Anything you care to donate would be marvellous, no matter how small.

All monies raised go to Multiple Sclerosis, none goes towards the cost of paying for the zip line, equipment etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment