Sunday 20 December 2009

Portland, Oregon

My cold was in full swing by this time, again - it wasn’t going away, so I walked the local neighbourhood and pampered myself by having my hair done. I didn’t feel any better, but my hair looked good.
Washington Park is on the west side of town, same side as my hostel, so I set off on a  foggy morning to the park and apparently a good place to see the city from - though not with the fog. There were even some roses growing in the International Rose Test Garden, though not as many as there would be in the summer, of course. It was a great place to take photos, especially if I wanted spooky, tree photos.

I then walked towards the centre of the city and Pioneer Square where they were putting up the Christmas tree and various other decorations. I also visited Powells book shop, the biggest in the world and didn’t buy a single book. That’s the power of having a small backpack that you know you have to carry!
Portland seemed a cool town and I’m sure I would have loved it, if I hadn’t spent most of my time sleeping, coughing and losing my voice - damn cold! I’m sure I did more when I was there, but it’s all a bit hazy on what I exactly did and no party nights to blame for it either.
Next stop: San Francisco

No comments:

Post a Comment